Drew Shepp joins dadAWESOME to discuss 10 action steps to move past good intentions to intentional living. This is part 4 of the November 2018 4-part Inside-Out Dad Life series.
“Good intentions will never take you anywhere you want to go. Only intentional living will get you the things you want in life.” -John C. Maxwell
Ten Intentional Ways to Step Into This Inside-Out Dad Life:
- Brotherhood: Do I have men in my life who I’ve given permission to challenge me and speak into my deeper issues?
- Here’s a PDF called “Church In SPACE” from Pastor Peter Haas on tips on finding brotherhood.
- Create Space To Listen and Reflect: Prayer retreat, life planning, slowing down to listen for God’s voice.
- Self-Awareness – how are you wired? How do you best get recharged? Take a personality test. Know yourself.
- Professional Christian Counseling
- Deeper Learning on the topic of “Freedom & Forgiveness”
- Deeper Learning on the topic of “Soul Care and Resting in God”
- Leading On Empty Refilling Your Tank and Renewing Your Passion Paperback (Wayne Cordeiro)
- “Our soul is like an inner stream of water, which gives strength, direction, and harmony to every other element of our life. When that stream is as it should be, we are constantly refreshed and exuberant in all we do because our soul itself is deeply rooted in the vastness of God and His kingdom.” Dallas Willard
- Deeper Learning on the topic of the “Father’s Love”
- Spiritual Slavery to Sonship (Jack Frost)
- Pray and Reflect on the topic of Counterfeit Affections:
9. Seeking Forgiveness – Who have you closed off your heart to? Who do you need to seek forgiveness from?
10. Thankfulness Experiment – remove social media for 40 days and replace that time with writing 1 thank you letter every day for the 40-days.
- The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact (Chip and Dan Heath)