127 | Father’s Day Mic Flip (Jeff Zaugg)
127 | Father’s Day Mic Flip (Jeff Zaugg)
FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS
- Join a team of 100 dads biking 100 miles and raising $100,000 for the fatherless locally and globally.
- OUR MISSION: End fatherlessness globally. Every child with a man they can call father. (Malachi 4:6a “He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents”)
- VISION: We ignite a father’s calling by connecting him body and soul with the cause of the fatherless and the heart of the Father. FATHERS FOR THE FATHERLESS will change your life by forcing you to look past yourself. On the one weekend when it’s easiest to sit home and consume, we’re going to push ourselves, cycling 100 miles, in response to our Heavenly Father’s heart for the Fatherless.
- DATE: Saturday, August 29, 2020
- MORE INFO: http://bit.ly/F4F2020
Last Sunday was Father’s Day and Jeff Zaugg had the privilege of being interviewed by Dr. Kim Kimberling on the Awesome Marriage Podcast. Today, Episode 127 is a repost of that conversation and it’s a look at the genesis story of the past 127 weeks of dadAWESOME along with some of the backstory on Jeff Zaugg and what he has learned about fatherhood from nearly 100 dadAWESOME interviews. Jeff and Michelle Zaugg have been married for 19 days shy of 14 years and they have 3 daughters (6, 3 and 1). They live in the Twin Cities in Minnesota and have an 11 year old Goldendoodle named Boomer. Jeff enjoys ultimate frisbee, surfing, slack-lining, waterskiing, basketball, cycling, triathlons, spikeball, family Dairy Queen bike rides, climbing trees, date nights with Michelle, walking to work and taking his girls on daddy daughter dates.
- 1:52 – Morgan Snyder on Episode 124
- 2:08 – Paul Hurckman on Episode 125
- 2:18 – Banning Liebscher on Episode 126
- 2:36 – Awesome Marriage Ministry
- 6:00 – It was pain that led to a deep passion to start dadAWESOME. He didn’t want to see kids in pain.
- 7:46 – How to be a great dad….”Part of [being a great dad] is the realization that our role is important.”
- 8:15 – Deuteronomy 30:19 – “I have set before you life and death blessings and curses so now choose life so that you and your children may live.”
- 8:30 – We get a choice as dads to choose life, to be a life giving dad. “Adding LIFE to the dad life.”
- 9:27 – “The role is bigger than you know and more impactful and your kids will thank you forever by just being that dad that says I’m going to bring life.”
- 11:59 – What are dads this generation doing right?
- 16:09 – Fathers for the Fatherless Bike Ride 2020 – Turning Father’s day into a mission to activate dads to do something hard on behalf of kids without dads.
- 18:04 – I think if we can ignite fathers around a bigger purpose and calling…our kids see that.
- 19:31 – Malachi 4:6 – He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the hearts of children to their parents.
- 21:49 – Hebrews 12:1-2 – Throwing off our past pain so we can run toward our kids
- 22:30 – If we let the baggage hold us back, then our kids’ eyes don’t shine.
- 23:25 – “Brotherhood is the strength that keeps the hard days from becoming permanent hard days.”
- 24:10 – Isolation and pace of life are the areas that are sucking the life out of the dad life for this generation of dads.
- 24:54 – “Brotherhood is everything to keep us on the trajectory of God’s best for our life.”
- 26:14 – Where do you find brotherhood?
- 27:20 – Approach friendship from a peer mentor approach
- 32:07 – Psalm 78:4 – “We will not hide these truths from our children, we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about his power and his mighty wonders.”
- 32:40 – “Every single person I’ve interviewed in their sixties says I wish I would have invested more time.”
- 33:40 – Quoting a mentor: “What you’re doing as a dad when you connect with your kids is you’re on a treasure hunt for their heart, and part of your job is to reach into their heart, pull out their purpose and show it to them.”
- 36:40 – “My girls know, they can sense,… is there unity, is there peace, is there love between the two most important big people in their life…they can see and they can feel how mom and dad are doing.”
- 40:02 – How do I put my wife first? Going to counseling and prioritizing date nights. “Taking the vulnerable step of going to counseling with her is a way that I put her first… I’m going to take my heart and expose some of the hurts and some of the things I’m feeling that are hard for me to share sometimes.”
- 43:00 – DA Daily Text – text “dad” to 77222
- 43:20 – July DA Foundations – starting June 9th