Intro Story from Dangerous Wonder (Michael Yaconelli)
This second part of the Moment Maker Dads conversation with Carlos Whittaker explores waking ourselves up to living our life rather than letting life live you.
- To disturb and disrupt will be the place we are most awakened
- Why don’t we disturb and disrupt ourselves on purpose so that we can continue to grow and mature.
- In order to show our kids wonder, we must go backwards and slow things down.
- The power of a “Pause” – what am I not noticing around me?
- Look at the life of Jesus – how was he a moment maker?
- Jesus created moments for people on purpose
- In order to create moments for other people, we must first receive moments from God
- Pause, slow down and rest to lower the volume of life
- How many stories (the amount of data) am I listening to in the first 5-minutes of my day?
- Massively limit screen time (It’s always easier to add more then to take it away)
- SPIES acronym:
- Showing our kids more what it looks like to be like Jesus
Carlos on Facebook
Carlos on Instagram
Carlos on Twitter