Jeff Zaugg explains the 50-week vision and heart for dadAWESOME >> Live fully alive as we lead our kids to God’s awesomeness
- Why call this podcast dadAWESOME?
- Who is this podcast for?
- What is the goal?
- Why should you take time to listen to this podcast?
1) Live Fully Alive
- It’s obvious when someone is really living
- John 10:10 “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (FULL and ABUNDANT)
- James 1:14-15 “Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.15 These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
- Living in wonder vs. wandering
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly
- Thriving vs. surviving
- St. Irenaeus of Lyons “the glory of God is man fully alive.”
- Chariots of Fire > Eric Liddell was a devout Christian who represented Scotland and he said “I believe God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure.”
2) Take Leadership at Home (Archeologist)
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 “Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord”
- It’s the job of an Archeologist to “Uncover”… to “Discover”… To “Unearth what is already there”
- Archeologist are not creators. They simply discover what’s already there.
- God has created your children.
- Enjoy the prayerful exhilarating role of being Archeologists as you uncover and celebrate God’s goodness in your children.
- Celebrate along the way as you discover more and more of the dreams God has placed in them and the passions and desires of their hearts.
3) Point to God’s Awesomeness (Tour Guide)
- Psalms 78:4 “We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD, about his power and his mighty wonders.”
- We as parents NEED TO tell our children about answered prayers, ways God has provided, stories of God’s faithfulness
- Deuteronomy 6 “(5) you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. (6) And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands I am giving you today. (7) Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again.”
Links to Episodes 1 through 10 with the Zaugg Family Values