Mark Matlock is back for part 2 of a conversation about Growing in Wisdom. This episode unpacks the seven marks of a wise person and explains how the hero’s journey applies to helping our kids find wise influencers. Mark walks us through cultural changes with how we pass down wisdom followed by practical ways we can accelerate wisdom acquisition for our kids.
Seven Marks of A Wise Person:
- Trusts in God
- Walks in healthy relationships
- Seeks God’s council
- Speaks carefully
- Is self-controlled
- Manages their resources
- Lives in peace
James 1:5 “And if anyone longs to be wise, ask God for wisdom and he will give it! He won’t see your lack of wisdom as an opportunity to scold you over your failures but he will overwhelm your failures with his generous grace.”
Culture expert and veteran youth pastor, Mark Matlock, will help you line your family’s story up with God’s story in the world around you, helping you raise wise children who have the character, values, and mission that allows them to go out into the real world and live out a real faith.
Raising Wise Children explores these themes:
- Helping your child make decisions
- The importance of failure
- Knowing God’s story for your family
- Changing the story your family is in
- The pursuit of wisdom, and much more God has placed us here to interact with and represent him to the world by engaging with the culture—not retreating from it.
Raising Wise Children: Handing Down the Story of Wisdom (Mark Matlock)