Edrin Williams joins dadAWESOME for part 3 of our monthly WISDOM theme. This conversation challenges us to enjoy the journey and love our kids from a place of being loved by our Heavenly Father. Edrin is a pastor at The Sanctuary Covenant Church in Minneapolis and with his wife Shanequa they have two beautiful girls, Taylor 8 & Harper 2.
- Give the the gift of your presence to your family
- Step in and enjoy the journey of being a dad
- Your kids trust you and need you to be a big safe adult who loves them
- Friday night family night. The power of protecting these moments.
- We must receive love from our heavenly father
- Remember you’re a beloved son of God
- Invite mentors to speak into your fathering
- Let your kids enjoy the process (stop over managing and pushing them)
- Celebrate your wife (cheer her along)
- Intergenerational Relationships (look ahead, your peers and younger dads)
- Pursuing mentors and Godly friends to learn and grow in your dad role.
- If you want to make a difference in this world, one place you can change the world is being present and making a difference in your kids.
- Asking intentional questions to help our kids think through their choices.
- It’s our job as fathers to care for the souls of our children
- Let your wife know that supporting your family and your kids is a top priority
- Dads! Your role is more significant than you realize.
Coffee Recommendation (Twin Cities) – http://cuppajava.com/
Book: Father Factor
More info on Edrin: