Brad Griffin joins dadAWESOME for part 3 of our Screens, Smartphones and Social Media theme. Brad is the Director of the Fuller Youth Institute, where he develops research-based training for youth workers and parents. He recently coauthored Every Parent’s Guide to Navigating our Digital World.
- Don’t miss these moments
- Phase research from Orange – Phase Guides are an 18-part series of concise and interactive journal-style books that simplify what parents need to know about each phase of a kid’s life and give them the opportunity to discover more about their children—so they can make the most of every phase.
- The delicate dance of knowing when to help his daughter and when to just listen and do nothing
- I can rest when I am older. If it means I am going to sleep a little less to play that game or spend that extra time with my kids now, I’ll rest later.
- We need to ask for help – ask others for help… don’t parent alone
- Let’s move beyond treating technology as the enemy
- Digital natives vs. digital immigrants.
- The similarities between a school lunch room and the digital world
- Let’s prioritize the relationship and keep the relationship in the center and don’t let media get in the center.