94 | The Big Ski Family (Chad Johnson)
94 | The Big Ski Family (Chad Johnson)
Chad Johnson is a CEO, Entrepreneur, Coach, Speaker, Husband and Father of 11. His family has taken on the role of Global Ski Ambassadors and their vision is to introduce 1 MILLION families to the joy of skiing together. This dadAWESOME conversation covers clarifying priorities/values, the benefits of working hard as a family and the life changing freedom that is available to every dad through breaking the chains of sexual sin.
- 2:54 – Chad introduces his family
- 3:34 – Imperfect fatherhood – there are no perfect husbands and there are no perfect fathers
- 4:00 – “Man, it would be awesome to have 10 kids… And you can see what happens when you keep saying one more”
- 4:40 – This fathering thing never stops… now they keep adding new kids as their kids get married
- 6:17 – The Big Ski Family – “it would be so fun to have a family entrepreneurial whim” – Global Ambassadors for Family Skiing
- 9:00 – The Giant Five Framework – top priorities
- 1) Faith – it’s foundational
- 2) Marriage – must be on the same page fighting together
- 3) Children – Aspire to raise them to be all God created them to be.
- 4) Heath – being fit, healthy and active
- 5) Career/Work/Ministry – Using God given Unique Abilities to earn, serve, and bless others
- 16:30 – Chad reflecting on his father
- 18:10 – My dad has always prioritized his relationship with God and my mom.
- 21:15 – The value of working hard as a family… “Ability to tackle hard things. To not run from a project”
- 25:10 – “I’m ok stirring the pot. I don’t want my kids to have a sterile, safe, protected, isolated environment.”
- 27:01 – Chad reflects on the pain of sexual sin and how it impacted his family.
- 30:05 – “My young children were at risk when I fell”
- 31:00 – “You want to talk about ripping your heart out. I knew that I was hurting my wife and I hated it. I despised it. And then I realized that I was brining it into my children’s lives somehow”
- 32:15 – “I was believing the lie that my wife and my children would be better off without me”
- 33:15 – The driving mission of helping men hear the message of freedom in Christ and the solution that only God can bring.
- 34:00 – Christ in me the hope of glory
- 34:40 – I needed power for the right now. Ability to walk in power of the Holy Spirit.
- 36:20 – Fatherhood, Family, Freedom – they all intersect and if we walk in freedom, our kids get freedom
- 37:00 – Resources – “Sin No More & Sanctification”by Michael Pearl
- 38:00 – Coaching words for us – “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”
- 39:15 – God made you a masterpiece
- 40:53 – “The world is crying out for men and dads who are on fire. That love what they’re doing and their giving it their all”
- 41:53 – “Live life like a movie you’d want to watch with your children and grandchildren”
- 42:00 – Chad’s prayer – Jude 24-25 “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.”
- www.StrategicCoach.com (Coaching the world’s best Entrepreneurs and Business Owners as an Entrepreneurial Coach)
- www.TheBigSkiFamily.com (On a mission: Introduce 1 MILLION families to the joy of Skiing together)
- www.CeramicDecoratingCo.com (Wine Bottle Screen Printing Company Since 1934. Growing our 85 year old, 3rd Generation, family owned and operated, glass bottle/container printing business, as CEO. Focused on the wine industry, CBD Oil, Craft Beverage, and Specialty Food Industries.)
- Instagram (Chad @thegiant5guy)
- Instagram (@thebigskifamily)
- Andy Dauer’s DA idea
- Helping kids calm down
- 1) Get down on their level
- 2) Listen first and validate their feelings. Value them
- 3) Ask them to look you right on your eyes
- 4) Take a breath in through their nose and then out through their mouth
- 5) Blowing out the candles with your fingers
- 6) Trace their hand taking breaths with each finger – like a roller coaster
Submitting dadAWESOME IDEAS: We are gathering tools, games, strategies, dad hacks and other ideas that need to be shared to help all of us take a step towards awesomeness in our fatherhood. If you’d be willing to share an idea or two, please reach out so we can share them:
- Call and leave a Voice Message: 612 293-5086
- Send an email: email@example.com
- Send us a text: 612 293-5086